I have 3 days weekends (yeah, you can hate me, I’m down with that)
So when I say ‘This weekend I’m going to…’ I include Fridays…
- Swim on Winter Solstice Day at Fish Hoek (done- stayed in for 6 waves even! 11 degrees C but the sun came out long enough to warm me while I enjoyed my coffee afterwards on the bench, missing my sistahs and brothers and other family members)This is the first year in many years I’ve swum* through winter.
- Meet with Klara and Matt of Lotus Media to discuss the design of my Green Hair Mermaid Photography logo (done – met them at Tribeca this morning and can’t wait to see the first drafts end of next week)
- Become the mother of a 15 year old. Aaargh! How did this happen??
- Take Raphael out for steak on his birthday
- Do portraits of Raph for his birthday
- Run / gym
- Get started on vegetable planting (or at least planning and purchasing some stuff like containers and soil)
- Make buttermilk bread
- Finish copy for website
- Choose and download all pics to Dropbox for Jolene (ZA Sites) who is making my website (Eeee!)
- Blog (doing it…)
- Watch the next season of Cougar Town. #PennyCannnnn!
*By swum I mean run in and run out of the ocean – none of this freestyle / backstroke nonsense. It’s all about feeling alive. I get my exercise before hand.
In closing… my new favourite song (well I only heard it an hour ago but I love it already. Having a 15 year old (tomorrow) son = a great source of new music discovery. Luckily we share awesome taste in music.